Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Umami Experience

Let me introduce you the best burger makers we have ever experienced, and as far as we know...the BEST in the world!

(Next time ill take better pictures. At the time, we were too wrapped up in the food)

The burgers were succulent and just fell apart in your mouth. The flavors were well put together and pleasantly refreshing compared to other "bacon cheese burgers". It was like comparing a great filet mignon to the rest of steak. There was no question about it. First bite in and we were both in heaven.


I would like to add that along with the burgers, we got thin fries and sweet potato fries.
Now I usually enjoy fries at a bunch of places, I'm not super picky. But there are some things I don't like, and that is, soft fries, and super thick fries that are more like wedges. Wedges are perfectly fine, if thats what you want, but when I ask for fries, I want fries, not huge potato slices, that end up being soft because of how big they are. Also, I'm not a fan of under-seasoned fries.
Same with sweet potato fries, although you usually have to deal with softer fries more often, and sometimes they can be over-seasoned. Sweet potato fries have a great taste and even though seasoning, I think, is still needed, sometimes they can be over seasoned, and it can overpower the sweet potato taste.

So with that in mind, I would like to point out:
Umami Burger's fries, both of them, were the best fries I think I've ever had, memorably good, which I've never had, and believe me, if had fries all over the place.
The thin fries were wonderful, the perfect amount of crunchy, without being overdone, and not too thin either.
and the sweet potato fries were seasoned just right, and also not too soft.


We ended the meal with a chocolate covered red velvet and raspberry cream thing.
Not something I would usually go for, since I usually hate fruit mixed with dessert (cheesecake and angel food is an exception) so I was surprised that I liked it. It wasn't my favorite, but that was more the chocolate, chocolate isn't my thing unless its a plain, high cocoa, chocolate bar, or a good brownie. Not fond when it mixes with other flavors.

All in all, our Umami experience was so good, we could not stop thinking about it for 3 days until we had to give in and grab it again :)


(Picture from our third visit, when i could get better pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment