Thursday, March 13, 2014

BIRCHBOX - March 2014 Edition

My March BirchBox came tuesday, always a exciting thing :)
Spring Forward-


One of the items I was excited to receive was the Gilchrist & Soames, London Body Lotion.
I'm one of those people that loves body lotion, buys it, and never uses it. But now that I'm switching up my routines and trying new things, I'm getting used to what good products are, and what crappy products are. I notices that all my Bath and Body Works lotions, leave a greasy feeling for quite awhile, and I dont think I like that. This stuff doesn't. It soaks into your skin pretty fast, so if you put it on, afterwards your hands are soft, but can still open bottles or jar caps without any problems :p
what originally drew me to it, was the smell. At first I thought it smelled wonderful, but I smelled it so much, I'm not sure if I like it as much anymore, haha.
but its a nice clean smell, after smelling it so much, it does smell a little like a laundry dryer sheet. but still a nice clean subtle scent, that I find to be quite pleasant.
I would also just like to note, that I love the size they sent me, it fits nicely in my purse :)
So all in all, I actually like using this stuff. Makes me want to throw out all my Bath and Body Works lotions, and keep this with me until the next best thing


 For my Lifestyle Extra, they sent Tea Forte - Minteas.
Sugar free, all natural mints infused with wellness-promoting organic green tea and herbs.
I want to say I like them, but they taste way to much like cinnamon to me, and I don't do well with cinnamon, it burns my tongue. So if you like cinnamon, and natural things, these minds are probably for you.
Next in my box, was a sample of Harvey Prince, Cherie Blossom perfume.
Funny thing, in the Box description list, the smell is listed as - Sparkling cherry blossom, with romantic vanilla and musk, but the marketing pamphlet it came in lists it as: a burst of Somei Sakura,  pink grapefruit and cool musk. So I'm not really sure.
My opinion of it was not fond at first, I'm not a huge cherry blossom scent fan, and its very strong. but I wore it out one day, and actually liked it on me. Which was surprising.
One thing I like about it, is it seems to actually last for most the day, where as a lot of scents, where off.
Not sure if I would buy the whole bottle, but for now, I think I like it. For sure, if you like Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom scent, I'm sure you would like this stuff, because I like it better.
 I haven't tried this next one yet, simply because, with my hair being fine (its thick but still very fine) it gets greasy easier/quicker and so anything thats adding extra shine/silkiness/ softness can often just make me feel like my hair gets greasier that much faster. 
But Beauty Protector- Protect and detangle, is supposedly a best selling elixir that locks in color, protects from heat damage and adds silkiness.
from what I've read, a lot of people really like it and are already switching up their routine and buying the full bottle.


Coola- Tinted Matte SPF 30 for face is an organic moisturizer with lasting sun protection that is supposed to even tones and mask flaws.
I haven't tried it out or in full force, but in trying a bit here or there it seems nice.
I'm not used to products like these, so I'm not even particularly sure what I'm supposed to be looking for/at when I use something like this. 
But I would like to say, it seemed to mask my blackheads a bit, and even though it has a somewhat greasy texture, I actually liked it because once it seeped into my pores, it was very smooth. Also the color didn't look like it would match, but it blended in just fine.
Last and in my opinion, least. They dropped in a Ghirardelli Intense Dark, Cherry Tango Chocolate.
The only reason I say least, is because I don't like cherry flavored stuff and I hate almonds. So this one goes to the hubby :p

No comments:

Post a Comment