Monday, March 10, 2014

Bruxie

Earlier in the week we had tried a place called Bruxie (you might remember from my last post) its a waffle sandwich place, we came back saturday because we wanted to try it again, and get a good full rounded opinion of the place.
2 Visits, 1 Review.


Our first time, earlier last week -


 We had the Pastrami, and Michael had the Prosciutto & Gruyere.
The pastrami was really good but the P&G was very weak, I guess it was ok, but there wasn't much taste or much in it at all. Pretty disappointing.
Second time - 

I got the Turkey Club and Michael got the Special of the day, which was a BBQ Pulled Pork.
I loved the turkey club, the crunch exterior and soft inside of the waffle was pretty amazing with all the sandwiches, but for me, the turkey club was the best. It comes with a very tasty and unexpected pesto sauce, which with the waffle really makes it.
The pulled pork was good as well, although I'm not a fan of the coleslaw, the not too sweet, not too spicy BBQ sauce on the pulled pork made it quite delicious.
After we shared 2 sweet waffle sandwiches, Seasonal Creme Brûlée and S'more .
The creme brûlée one was actually really good, my only problem was it made the waffle pretty soggy, So I wasn't a fan of that. But the S'more was bad, I don't think Michael minded it as much, but we both agreed that the chocolate had a really weird taste, there was too much of it, and in a couple of the bites I ate tasted like someone crushed a piece of coal into it, I couldn't even finish my slice.
Even though the creme brulee sandwich was good at the time, I probably wouldn't order it again.
So all together i would say our Bruxie experience was good, but I would venture more towards the savory sandwiches then the sweet.
.................................

Right next door to our local Bruxie is a Yogurtland, I'm sure its nothing new to talk about, but it was to us. Back in Michigan, people are mostly into ice cream, and visiting family in Wisconsin, I was very familiar with frozen custard, and they do have yogurt places back home, but its not as big of a craze as it is out here.
So I hadn't really had gelato or frozen yogurt till recently.
I think I like Gelato more, but we got Coffee, and maple cookie frozen yogurt, sprinkled with yogurt chips and Nilla wafers, and I admit the maple cookie was pretty amazing.
Strong, but anyone who has ever had real maple syrup could tell you that its supposed to be.
It was a nice experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment