Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ever Have One of Those Days? - Proof of How Awesome my Mother Is

You ever had one of those wonderful days, when your mother comes to visit for a sleepover, and you take a road trip to long beach to check out a random designer jewelry store who's stuff your mom loves so, and she found out is within driving distance, and since she looking at replacing her wedding ring, you figure, why not. So you go, and on the way you stop at a little french bakery and pick up a dozen macarons, because she's never had any, and of course you have to correct that mistake by eating delicious french confections. 


As it turned out, you may have made a friend while at the jewelers, and your mother may have found her new wedding ring. 


Then head back to what you think is the best burger joint in the world, hoping she might like it too, because of course you want to bless your mother by taking her out to get good food, but sometimes her idea of good food is not the same, so you're nervous. But in fact you have a fantastic time, having never seen your mother gawk and rave about a burger like that before. Feeling completely satisfied with you day, after grabbing lavender lattes, 


you then pass by a tattoo and piercing shop and she just happens to say "haha what a great adventurous day, wouldn't it be wild if I got my nose pierced" and you just stop dead in your tracks and go...."well it wouldn't hurt to check out the prices" :)
Then crazy enough, she ACTUALLY gets her nose pierced! For no other reason other then its fun, and adventurous, and she wanted to! HA



You both go home, get in PJ's and drink Smirnoff's while watching movies until the early morning and just marvel at what a wonderful day it was....

You ever have one of those days? Well I did, just last thursday.


Of course the next day was good, but not as good. I had to go get bloodwork done, that for the life of me, I have no clue why it took so long, upon entering the lab office and finally leaving, I think it took about 2-3 hours. Since I hadn't eaten, I was pretty hungry at that point. So we picked up a couple muffin's at French's Bakery right next door to the medical offices, then headed to meet up with my husband for lunch at a place called Bruxie.
it's a waffle sandwich place, that was actually very good.
(see next blog post for further details about Bruxie)
I was so drained and exhausted that my wonderful mother took me home so I could rest, then started making us lasagna for dinner.
Which was in fact amazing.
Sadly after relaxing and watching a couple movies to top the night off, my Madre had to go home.

Thankfully we had a great time together! With pictures and a nose stud to prove it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment