Monday, August 20, 2012

Insurance Meltdown

This last week has been a pretty hard one, when I called in to get my monthly prescriptions filled, I found out that my insurance coverage was terminated at the end of July.
so this last week was basically me, mom and Michael jumping through a ton of hoops trying to figure out how to get it reinstated... which ends up being a lot more difficult then it should be.
Not going to tell you all the details of whats going on, but the things I am willing to share that is basically the only things relevant, is I still don't have insurance, we don't have money, I spent all of friday in the ER trying to get insulin because we cant afford it and I ran out that morning, only ending up to get prescriptions to buy it... although we didn't have to pay right up so hopefully the insurance will be up and running by the time the bill come.
right now I have enough meds to hold me over, but idk if I can make my doctors appointment, which really pisses me off since i need this one, it's been 4 months since I've seen my doctor, my appointments kept getting pushed back and pushed back, and I finally have a solid appointment for Wednesday, but idk if my insurance will be up and going by then (I doubt it) sooo... *sigh* may sound kinda stupid but everything is out of my hands, so I get to sit here and wait and pray I get free insurance soon... because we can't afford anything more then that right now...and my meds are more then $700 a month straight up... and thats only my diabetic meds...i don't even know how much all my other stuff costs.
So here I am, ok for now, hoping to be ok in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment