Friday, August 31, 2012

August Monthly Media Highlight

Its time for Monthly Media Highlight, August 2012 Edition!
and I would like to talk about 2 movies this month, Total Recall and Super 8, also a few of my new favorite songs.

First I'll start out with total recall. Great movie, moved along well, action and fighting sequences were superb!  I love Colin Farrell, I think he is perfect for bad-ass roles and action films so of course I loved him in the movie, wasn't sure how I was going to feel about Jessica Biel being lead female lead alongside Kate Beckinsale, but actually I liked her in the role.
The romance was light, nothing heavy, or super sexual, but it wasn't nonexistent. I thought it was perfect, nothing over the top, and it didn't leaving you longing for more, at least not a lot, and i thought she did great with the action, I was a bit impressed :p
Now I think we can all agree even without seeing the movie that Kate Beckinsale did a kick-ass job, because of course this is her type of movie and she always does a great job of doing those roles. Although she usually plays the heroine... but you gotta love her anyways.
all together, it strayed in a couple places, I wish Bill Nighy had a bigger role, seemed a bit short and random, but other then that, my husband, my mother and I, loved it! Which is saying a lot since my mom can be picky, but afterwords she wouldn't stop saying "how can you top that, how CAN you top that?" lol
The movie was a great ride :) very entertaining and I would very much suggest that you see it in theaters! 
bigger is always when it comes to action films.


now I know I only do one movie usually, but I wanted to put a mention of Super 8 in here. I don't think the movie got the credit it should have, I think what threw people off was the name, didn't really connect to the movie, so it didn't attract many people, but the movie itself I really enjoyed, I was impressed with the acting, and the effects, the train crash was pretty cool too.
I think if you enjoy sci-fi like movies you might wanna check it out, it sure was better then we thought it was going to be.


Now when it comes to music, I bought myself some songs with a little of my birthday money, and there was one I instantly fell in love with, I cant stop listening to it... and since the others are really good too, so I'll be listing 5 songs, but make sure to check out the first one because thats the one I'm obsessed with at the moment :) the second one is a very powerful piece that you might have heard from a couple commercials, that i found entrancing. The third is also a very powerful and entrancing song I found on the trailer for the new movie Epic, the only problem is that its a snippet of a very very long song, so i didn't buy it because its like 16 minutes long, my husband found a very nicely cut version of it, a good way to hear it is checking out the trailer for the movie Epic. but if you wanna check out the long version its original name is called The Lightning Strike.

1: Radioactive - By - Imagine Dragons
2: Crushing Blow - By - Jack Trammell
3: What if this Storm Ends - By - Snow Patrol
4: Too Close - By - Alex Clare
5: Fortune Days - By - The Glitch Mob

Gotta say its a pretty interesting mix of things.
Anyways hope something I said, perked someones interest.

Enjoy!

1 comment: