Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Playing House

WE HAVE OUR OWN PLACE!
Yay its finally happened, my husband and I are living on our own. In a perfect apartment, that's in a great area! We so close to a lot of things now, one of which being my husband's place of work, its only about 9 miles away :) so that's great! and were only a mile away from a huge 2-story mall, surrounded by everything we could need, including some of our favorite restaurants.
But even the apartment complex is super nice, especially for what were paying, I mean compared to MI prices, it's like we should be living in a house for this rent, but Cali prices, were doing great! 
Were in a gated apartment complex, that has a pool, Jacuzzi, pond, with tree's and greenery everywhere! 
All for under $1000/month (like I said, here in Cali for a one bedroom apartment, usually expect over $1000 a month in rent) idk how everyone survives, but hey, God is definitely providing for us! Woot!

Now it did suck at first because we don't own a fridge and it didn't come with a fridge, we are still actually working that out. Since we still don't have one, right now were ok though because my step father lent us his old mini fridge.
The other thing that kinda sucked, is that we left the couch, my lazy boy, and the bed frame (for reasons i think i talked about in either the last post or the post before that... I think)  and we didn't have a dinning room set, set before last night we have nothing to sit on except the bed. The only furniture we own and brought was the two book cases and our dressers.
Then a few days ago I told Michael we should go check out Goodwill and see if they have anything we could use, and so we looked it up and there was one 4-5 blocks down the road, so we decide to go check it out and for some reason all there furniture was weirdly over priced, all except for this one dining table. so we looked it over, and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it... in fact it was a really nice table, some nicks in it here and there, but nothing too bad... and it was only 30 bucks.
we had to leave it, because with our mini cooper we really had no way of transporting it...so we left, and all i could keep thinking over the next couple days was how amazing and cheap that table was... like it was meant for us.
So then the other day Michael comes home and says, hey my boss is getting rid of a couch and wants to know if we want it and BAM! we got a nice couch handed to us for free, Michael's bosses son John had a truck. So for Michael helped John move a couple things, and John ended up helping bring the couch over, AND was completely fine with grabbing the table while they were at it.
So last night we ended up getting a nice couch (I still want to replace it someday, but for now it's perfect) and a dining room table! All for 30 bucks! WOOT major blessings right there!

On ANOTHER high note, my aunt has some stuff for our apartment that we get to go through next monday at her christmas party, and that's always fun :) so were definitely looking forward to that!

One thing that kinda sucks, is since we can't afford much right now because the apartment and utilities kinda sucked us dry is we aren't able to get a christmas tree this year :\ but thankfully my grandparents sent us a little money so we were able to get each other some gifts for christmas :)
Thanks Grandpa and Grandpa!

But its been really nice playing house so far. Cooking, cleaning, having the place to ourselves, finally being able to do Explicit stuff freely ;) *giggle* No more walking up and down stairs to go to the bathroom or grab something to eat, which was really starting to be a problem with my knee. It's also nice being able to finally use our own dishware, and have only our own food around, i finally feel able to cook. Sure i'm still not super fond of it, but the kitchen is our domain now and its nice.


For now we're doing good, health-wise though its not so great, my doctor is finally taking action on my diabetes and I've had a huge list of problems since last I saw her so im seeing her every week to get everything taken care of and so she can monitor the new insulin I'm taking. 
I have an appointment with her tomorrow to hopefully finally address my x-rays.
Which needs to be done because my knee and neck have been in so much pain, also I need to get the diagnosis and paperwork to my lawyers because next month is my disability hearing.
So even though I'm hoping all goes well, I'm also hoping I get a diagnosis to that we have some answers before next month, and of course so I can get treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment