Friday, December 21, 2012

Achieving the Christmas Spirit

My husband and I had been trying to think of ways to make our new apartment christmasy, since we weren't going to get a tree, it was a little bit of a hard thing to do.
I really wanted a tree, but by the time we had some money to spend on it and had moved in, we would have had it up for like a week, then had christmas, then taken it down at some point after, and with it being just so close to christmas we decided it wouldn't be worth it.

So right now the presents are on a red blanket in front of our couch, which isnt bad, it just doesnt exactly bring enough holiday spirit into our new place. well we ended up getting some things at target that i thought would help, but then the next day target put almost all their christmas stuff on sale, 50% off to be exact, so I had michael take back a couple of things (one needed to be exchanged anyways, and the other we had decided to get a different one) and pick up the things that were on sale, so I ended up getting the sweater platter i wanted for like 7 bucks, a beautiful red designed table cloth for our new (goodwill) table, and since the vase I wanted was sold out we got the rest of the money on a little gift card, so I'm going to go back Saturday and see what's on sale, since I couldn't go when Michael did.

The other day when we went shopping Kohl's, they were also having a big christmas sale and I got this bowl filling stuff that I put in a cake serving thing as a table/coffee table centerpiece. 
Please excuse all of my explanations, they are very sloppy, lol I've been at a loss for the right wording today :p

Anyways with those things we had gotten, there was at least one last thing I wanted to add. There were  these three wick candles from Bath and Body Works, that were buy 2 for $20 (they're normally $20 each) and they had this scent I absolutely love! Called "Twisted Peppermint", it smells like peppermint cupcakes. Perfect for setting a holiday spirit mood in our new place.
And that it did. With the candles, the table cloth, the centerpiece and the platter, our presents out in front of a clean living space (the rest of our box's are behind the couch) and cookies soon to be made, the place finally feels suitible to have christmas.

Because really, having no snow, or tree, or lights or stockings... it's hard to feel the christmas spirit, and its one of my favorite times of the year so im very glad we were able to achieve at least a smidgin.
now hopefully we can make cookies, and get stuff to have a nice christmas dinner too :)

all the glory goes to God though, in no way shape or form would we have been able to pull this off without his blessings and providings! To be able to get a free couch and $30 dining table the week before christmas, and get a little money from my grandparents to help out with some things we need, is all such a major blessing!
Thank you Lord!

If I dont get another blog post in before Christmas, 
I hope you all have a blessed and Merry Christmas Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment