Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Importance of Getting Out with your Spouse, and the Horrors of Dealing with Hairstylists

Saturday Michael and I decided to get out for a bit, get some fresh air and grab a bite to eat. We only really planned on getting out of our PJ's to grab some food, but we ended up finally taking photos of our pumpkins and some nice fall pictures of us. Had a nice late lunch at Hot Shots the local coffee shop up here in the mountains, then headed across the street to Starbucks to grab a coffee (I know we were already at a coffee shop but I like knowing what i'm getting myself into and I can usually trust Starbucks to produce good coffee). For the first time in a very long time I ordered A.) Something new that I've never had before, and B.) Something hot, which I almost never do, even in the winter I usually have cold drinks. But i love eggnog, and i was feeling adventurous, so i got an eggnog latte, and oh did it hit the spot!
Altogether even though we didn't do much it was very nice to get out with my husband. Really I think the little things really matter in a marriage, especially getting out, even if its just to take a walk in the park or take a random road trip. I understand that once you get older, and you're both working it can be hard to get out and do things together, but I think its really important to have date night at least once a month. It keeps things fresh, exciting, it also helps put focus and importance on your relationship and each other.
For people like my husband and I, who are free on the weekends, I would say even if you're not feeling it, force yourself to get out once a week. No matter what your doing, getting out and about is a great bonding Opportunity. My husband and I always have the most fun getting out, I mean we have fun at home too, but unless were super stressed we always benefit from getting out together, and with our new car its super nice to have a lot of the freedom to be able to do that whenever. Especially since I'm cooped up at home all week.


I ended up going out with my mom on monday, I wasn't really looking forward to it, but I really needed a haircut, and I just wanted to get it over with, since they stress me out... and for good reason, my history with hairstylist's lately have never seem to fully listen when I describe what I want done, even when I bring in pictures my hair gets screwed up, this time also, but it didn't turn out bad just too short. 
I was planning on going in and getting info on getting a perm, which the lady I got stuck with, was a bit rude, like i should already know what to expect, and was stupid for not... and its hard to know what to expect with a short haired perm since I know what a perm does and I've seen pictures of my mother when she had hers, but my mother and the lady kept telling me how many different perms there are and stuff, so i looked up loose perm and went through and downloaded all the pictures I wanted my hair to look like, then while I'm showing her, all the kept saying was, that's with a curling iron, that ones a curling iron, that one too... so every picture I had was not actually a perm at all, so naturally I was like... so do you have any pictures so i know what to expect? and she was like annoyed with me, like why should they have pictures... and she goes well people usually know what a perm is when they come in asking for one.........
THANKS that's SOOOO helpful!...not.
anyways after 15 mins of trying to get information about a perm, she finally tested my hair to see if the perm would hold, and apparently it wont, since I bleached my hair last march and it hadn't fully grown out she said all it would do is fry my hair.
so I just got my hair cut, which I gave her the picture of the length and style I wanted, I told her that with bangs, and she had such a hard time angling the back, and arguing with me, like I didn't know what I wanted, that another lady had to step in and take over because she understood what I wanted.
but even then she cut the front part of the angled bob like an inch and a half longer then the picture showed... so yea I'm not going back there.
I feel like every time I go to get my haircut this is the type of hairstylist I get...every time :\

but I'm getting used to it, it will for sure look like I wanted it to once it grows out a little more, so i'm making the best of it.
(phone photo, ill have more later)

After that me and mom ended up going to target and shopping for awhile, we didn't find anything good but Michael ended up meeting up with us there and taking me off mom's hands, (Since he knew we were in the area and headed over after work) so she could go grocery shopping and we could finish up shopping at a couple other stores. I did end up finding the shoes I was looking for but they were a bit more expensive then I wanted to spend at the moment.
Other then that I got a beautiful infinity scarf, and I met a new friend. At least I hope we become friends, she seemed real nice and like we would get along.
We ended up eating at the macaroni grill for dinner, which we had never been so it was a nice new experience, and since the waiter screwed up a couple things on our order we got free cheesecake :)

So it was still all in all a good day, and again...a nice time out with my husband :)

P.S. Sorry for my ranting, I just always seem to have a rough time when it comes to getting my hair done, and I wanted to explain what happened this time so you might get the gist on why I get stressed when I need a haircut.

3 comments:

  1. married at 19! woah what a coincidence, but my marriage ended xD

    shared blogger love with a follow, hope you'll do the same :)

    http://lizziapple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing with me! got married at 18 and im currently still married, were just not together. It's nothing to be sad about he wasn't normal xD
    Now I'm a happy girl back together with my first love from childhood.
    and thanks so much for the carbs thing! that bottle had 18g
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks for explaining that carb thing.
    I'm not going on a diet for weigh loss purposes. I want to cut out sugar cause it makes me feel bad.

    The juice photos and stuff was me breaking down for a day, sugars like an addiction!

    ReplyDelete