Friday, November 9, 2012

Hoping for the Best as we Look Forward

Its finally starting to feel like November. Last month we had a couple days that went really cold and even brought snow, but since then its been quite warm and nice out. Yesterday it was dark and gloomy and cold enough to shut the windows, then later in the afternoon it started rainy, it was a beautiful gloomy day, but it rained all day and night from what I can tell, and this morning I woke up to find it start snowing a bit. Looks like its finally starting to get cold outside, at least cold enough to be considered winter.

(INSTAGRAM PHOTO!)
On a happier note, my husband noticed how down I have been, and how I had the shopping itch and gave me a little money to get myself some clothes, so yesterday I ordered a couple shirts and scarves from ebay, and I'm hoping to go down the mountain shopping with my mother next week for shoes. I need some, I do have a lot of shoes, but the problem is I have boots, I have heels, and I have sandals or gel flats, I dont have anything for everyday use anymore, the shoes I usually use for everyday use are these wonderful black flats, but they have little holes in them and there all rubber, so there not exactly something for colder weather.
and they're the only shoe I have for comfort other then boots, although I do need so new boots soon, the black boots I have, have gotten to narrow for the calves (they have always been a bit tight so with gaining weight it just made them worse) and since I've used them every winter for....idk over 5-6 years... so they're kinda beat up, I do have some winter ankle boots, but with the snow I wont be able to use them all winter.
But hopefully we will be moving down the mountain soon so I wont have to worry about that.
speaking of moving, we're continuing to look into places, Michael is supposed to check out a place today or next monday that might be a possibility. But I'm not sure its what we want, I mean the place looks great, and its a 13 month lease with the first month free, with $850/mo rent... but its still a bit far from my husbands work place, over the year we would only have (around) 5 thousand miles left over to do extra things... and as I've been told, it's not a whole lot. So we're praying about it, and continuing to look for places.

But... *sigh* ....its that time of the year when I'm antsy to do something, but nothing is satisfying to do.
Like, I wanna start up knitting again, but every time I do, a week later I get frustrated with how long it's taking and stop again until a month or a year later... I really want to finish the scarf I'm making. I guess we will see how it goes this time around, first I'm going to have Michael check the yarn for spiders though because they love the basement, they try and find warm places, and I haven't checked that place for awhile, and... I HATE spiders.
I'm really hoping I can stick to it this year though, and get it finished, I haven't finished a scarf it a long time. Sadly I gave the first one I made to someone who I'm not really friends with anymore, and really wish I had saved it for myself or a closer friend, but I did end up making one for my husband the first christmas we started dating. But ever since then I haven't been able to finish one, and I've never made one for myself, so I started one for me a couple years ago, just... haven't had the patience to finish it.
also my hands cramp up pretty easily doing things like the dishes, certain things on the computer, knitting, etc. so lots of breaks and good luck to me :)

Another thing, I've been meaning to finally take some pictures with my husband and our pumpkins, it took awhile at first because we have been artistically working on them and they weren't actually done until the night before halloween, but since then it's just been because were busy, and/or sick. but I'm hoping we can get all gussyed up and take pictures this weekend, not sure with this weather though, if it doesnt let up were not going to be able to, which has me a bit worried since... well pumpkins die and i want to get the pictures with them when there nice and strong and healthy...not squishy :p
so hopefully we get our butts off the couch and get these pictures done this weekend, even if were sick, or the weather is bad.
(another instagram photo, its the only one I have of the pumpkins right now)
As you can tell, we got white pumpkins, which before this October I didn't know existed, but they were perfect for coloring on.

No comments:

Post a Comment