Friday, January 31, 2014

My First BIRCHBOX - January 2014 Edition

I received my very first BirchBox this Thursday, which is pretty exciting for me.
After the new year I decided it was time for change, and that I needed a new beauty routine, but since so much is out there to check out, I didn't want to waste a ton of money trying new things.
So I decided that a BirchBox subscription would be the best option, trying out new samples every month, giving me the time to test everything before the next box, to see if its a good fit, and its just a completely fun thing over all. 

For those of you who have no clue what I am talking about, the concept of Birchbox is that you pay $10 every month to receive a box with beauty and other product samples that the Birchbox site itself also sells. So you can try out new products to see how you like them, before you might buy them, or just keep sampling things forever :p
the products apparently are different from person to person, depending on your hair/skin type, personality, style, and what you're interested in trying.
Even though the full-priced items can be a bit expensive, the samples themselves seem like they can last you quite a while.
I was actually surprised it was only $10 considering cheap mascara costs the same amount, but hey, I'm not complaining.

My January Birchbox:









I haven't tried everything yet, but I would like to note, this Nail Rock textured nail polish is awesome! My husband even liked it. It looks lighter here because of the way the sun was shining, but it is actually a bit darker, like the polish in the picture would suggest. Also it seemed to me as though the nail polish was actually the same size as all my normal nail polish, so I'm not sure if the regular one is a lot bigger or something, but they gave quite a lot. 
again, I am so not complaining, just pointing out that they don't gyp you on the sample sizes.

It's safe to say that I'm happy with my first Birchbox, and very excited to receive more!

No comments:

Post a Comment