Monday, January 20, 2014

Did my foundation dilemma get fixed that easily? Thanks CoverGirl!

New Foundation.

Scares the crap out of me. 
no seriously... it's so expensive and finding the right color for my skin tone is extremely frustrating, I never seem to get it right. 
I know it sounds crazy, but I've had the same foundation for 4 years now, I've switched between 2 different shades, but it never seems to be right. It's a powered foundation, and I went for powder because when I first got the make-up advice talk when I was 12, I was told that most liquid foundations clog your pores and cause breakouts.
But recently I know I've needed a change, for the past year I've been so frustrated having the wrong color foundation plus my concealer is wrong as well, and since new makeup is being made all the time, and I've heard a lot of great things about liquid, I wanted to finally try some.
I put it off for a awhile though, it's expensive, and I never really had the finances to experiment, so it freaked me out a bit, I thought I would just go see an professional... maybe someone at Sephora would help me, and my husband backed me, knowing I've wanted/needed a new foundation for a couple years he wanted to help me get a nice one.
But it just never seemed like the right now, there is always other stuff that we need, so I continued to put it off.

Well last week we went into CVS to grab some new mascara because the one I had was past it's prime. I stumbled across an add by CoverGirl for their new liquid foundation, and I'm sure it wasn't, but it felt like the first time I had ever seen liquid foundation samples out....so i decided to check it out, i saw one that looked close to my skin tone, and tried it on my hand, i then walked away to go grab my mascara, and as i was there i noticed that my mascara was also by CoverGirl, and they had a BOGO 50% sale on everything Covergirl. I realized, that considering I was going to buy the mascara anyways, I could get the foundation for half price. Now when you are trying to find a new foundation and you want to try liquid for the first time, I would say thats a pretty good deal to help you do so. So I asked my husband if it looked like it matched my skin, and so after trying a couple of the other shades, I actually found out the the lightest one, which looked way lighter then my skin tone, actually blended in and looked very smooth.
So I said screw it, and decided to give it a shot.

I officially tried it saturday for the first time, and I honestly think it worked out Fantastic!!!!


Now I'm no foundation expert, OBVIOUSLY! But I do want to say something. 
CoverGirl Tru Blend foundation is light, and blends well. It actually worked with my skin color, which I haven't fully had for years, if ever. and although I need to work on moisturizing my face better, the foundation itself did not clog my pores, did not feel heavy, or greasy, and it dried almost like poster, it evened out my skin really nicely :) and I'm super excited about that!

Sure, I may have problems with it down the road, but for now I am so happy about it and I'm ready to get back on the experimental horse as well, so I also signed up for Birchbox, which I'm excited and hopeful to see what comes of that.
It may not be perfect for you, but if you need to try a new foundation i would highly recommend Tru Blend as an affordable option.

                      

No comments:

Post a Comment