Saturday, July 7, 2012

Blueberry Slab Pie

FYI, if you don't wanna read this all thats fine, but if you want to or are going to make this, make sure to read my last statement at the very bottom :)

So last week I decided I wanted to make blueberry pie for the fourth of july, and was told to find a recipe and gather a list of ingredients we need, and I forgot to do so until Monday. When Monday finally came I had been so focused on being stressed about getting my hair cut at 1:30 that I forgot to stress about a recipe, so in the morning when I remembered I kinda freaked.
So I spent the morning looking for something that sounded good and since i'm a visual person, I went through Yahoo's picture section, and I came across this blogger who posted a recipe for slab pie, the picture she had up looked uber delicious so I gathered all the recipes I had tagged and asked Michael what he thought looked good, and even though I planned on making pie pie, we decided this looked way better, especially even though I like blueberry pie, neither of us were big fruity/desert people. So this sounded perfect.


Thankfully the woman had a link to the recipe so we could make it :)
So after mom took me to get a haircut we went to the store and picked up ingredients and stuff for our picnic then headed home. Michael and I were supposed to make the crust a day ahead of time to like 9pm we got the crust done with and in the fridge, now we were supposed to make it on Tuesday to give us enough time before Wednesday, but we forgot until too late at night :\ 


So Wednesday morning we woke up at 8am to start and finish the slab pie, didn't take us long, I wish I could have done it myself but since the crust was in the fridge Michael had to roll most of it out. and also made the glaze while i was getting ready for the day.
But by 11am it was baked and ready for the eating, we tried a piece and it was ok, we decided it really did need the glaze, so we made the glaze, got ready stacked 4 pieces in Tupperware and left for the day.


Ok was a little gooey, but with the glaze on top it was pretty good, very enjoyable. later that night I put the rest of the pieces in the Tupperware and left it out, which mom then put it in the fridge, I wondered why because it wasn't really going to get bad, but whatever.
The next morning, I woke up and thought it would be a good idea to have a piece for breakfast...and then it happened. For some reason, leaving it in the fridge was a magical process, because once I ate it cold I couldn't put it down, it was one of the best things I had ever eaten, and I wanted to share it with everyone, yet hog it all for myself :p


So the moral of this story is, try it when its hot, but MAKE SURE you also try it when its cold, the texture and the taste stand out more and its wonderful!
If anyone wants the recipe leave a comment underneath and i can send it too you.

1 comment:

  1. oh my god, these look fantastic! gotta do the same soon hehe x

    ReplyDelete