Friday, January 30, 2015

Changing It Up

Last week I woke up at 3am and changed my life.
Ok... so that's pretty dramatic, but who doesn't like a flare for the dramatic every now and again :p

I did make a change, not a huge one, but a change I definitely needed.

...

[drumroll, please]

...


I SHAVED THE SIDE OF MY HEAD! Yup, I got up at 3am, and decided iI was sick of waiting and debating whether I (and others) would like it, and just shaved it off.
and I gotta say, I LOVE it!


 I definitely feel like I'm more me. I don't know if that makes sense, so let me explain. As I've been growing out my hair, I've experienced a sense of losing myself. Adding the Ombré last spring, brought back a stronger sense of self. Still, I've been craving a change for awhile, feeling drab, and a bit cookie cutter. Nothing wrong with having long even hair, I just felt I was getting lost in the crowd. lost in the societal norms, and its not something I like to feel. After months of getting back into society, working on myself and being more social, I've felt more, and more like I'm getting back to who I am, and not so lost. And this is the change I needed to solidify that a bit.


Of course I woke up the next morning and saw myself in the mirror, with greasy, bedridden hair, and no makeup and thought "Oh shit. What if this doesn't work out well?" But after getting around, and dressed, I felt beautiful and elated, that I had to go out for a shoot. (I was fairly proud of my makeup that day as well)

It's been a week now, and I'm still excited about it. There are still some tweaks I want to add to my hair (fixing my Ombré and adding layers) but for now I'm happy, and I wanted to share this with you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment