Monday, January 5, 2015

New Years Resolutions?


Out of the 79% of people who make new years resolutions, apparently only 8% of them achieve their goals that year. Yet here I am still making resolutions, and ya know, they aren't so much unrealistic hopes that I made up on the first of this month that I try and appease for the first couple weeks, then give up because I can't stay consistent. They are more life goals that I focus on in yearly segments :p

Last year my resolutions consisted of changing our life. getting out more, trying new places, get healthier, making friends out here and getting a job. i think there was more on the list, but i can't for the life of me remember because i so surpassed that i actually achieved all those goals.
Maybe I'm making excuses or rules as to why that happened this year verses the last few when resolutions were something you wrote down for kicks and giggles on the first of the new year, but then did nothing about.
but i honestly think things changed, because not only did i make them happen, but they were also things god wanted for me. They were things I should be focusing on all the time. They were realistic.

So this year i am making some more new years resolutions while tweaking last years.

This year, we are keeping gluten completely out of our house/kitchen.
I'm going to be taking better care of my diabetes, my cholesterol, getting glasses and finding out whats wrong with my heart (if anything is).
Im going to be maintaining and caring for my friends.
Im going to stove to loose weight along with caring for my health. my weight goal is 150. (I'm 175 right now)
Michael and I will continue to strive to be better spouses through god for each other.
and we will continue to try and get out on a weekly basis, get to church every weekend, and try new things as often as we can.
I also want to finally make it to Disneyland this year (since i live 20 minutes away and have still never been)
Michael and I are hoping that by the end of the year we will have gotten out of debt, and have some money in savings.
Getting a job is also on my list.
along with working on photography.
Helping Michael out in the kitchen more, 
and Getting Ruby out of the house more.

I'm sure I'll add to the list, and I know it seems long, but see, these are things i would be working on, whether it was the new year or not.
This is just the growth I want to see in my life.
and whether its in God's plan for me to achieve these things this year or the next, i do believe that almost all of these things are things he wants for me as well (maybe not disneyland, but you get it) and as long as I'm constantly striving to walk on his path, 
that's all that matters.



So I'm extremely excited to see what this year brings our way. I'm excited for change. I'm excited for growth, and I'm really excited for the next guardians of the galaxy and the new star wars movies, so a year closer to those, I'm excited for :) lol


No comments:

Post a Comment