Monday, December 15, 2014

Open Sesame

Recently I tried a Lebanese restaurant. something I wouldn't normally do, since I'm not particularly fond of middle eastern/Mediterranean food.
but I've also been feeling very adventurous, and because of my distaste for middle eastern food, I hadn't had it in years. So I figured that it was high time to start giving it a shot.


The little restaurant was called Open Sesame. Located in Belmont Shore, Long Beach.
(they also have a location in LA)
http://www.opensesamegrill.com
Cute litte place on the corner, with nice mood lighting and a sliding glass window to the ouside, where they have 2 little tables.


I ended up getting the Kafta pita sandwich with Basmati Rise
Charbroiled skewer of extra lean ground beef, lamb, parsley, onion and Lebanese spices, with hummus, parsley, onion, tomato and sumac

 and Michael ordered a Special.

When I had middle eastern food in the past, I remember it being very bland and that was one of the reasons I disliked it. 
But both dish's were very Robust in flavor. I know I played it safe with the pita sandwich, but I was very delicious, and a good size portion.

All together the service was very friendly and accommodating, and the food was great.
I'm very happy I'm in a place to be able to try new things, and its safe to say I'll be continuing to put myself out there to try new things when i can.


Walking around and checking out Belmont Shore was fun as well. We had been meaning to check it out for almost a year and never had gotten around to it. Yet always passed by on our way to Long Beach.
Cute shops, a variety of good-looking places to eat, and another Buffalo Exchange (Hipster trendy thrift store) that is a lot cheaper then the one near us. I ended up grabbing 3 dresses for around $30 :)

I love exploring and trying new places and experiences with my husband. We always have so much fun and even if we don't do much, we still have a great time together

No comments:

Post a Comment