Friday, February 21, 2014

Va Va Voom Valentine

Last week was Valentines day, and although our weekend plans didn't turn out as we had hoped, because of some financial hiccups.
Our Valentines was great.
My husband left a card on my pillow, that said everything I knew he thought himself, and I could just hear him in every word :) it was perfect.

Before he got home, a disgruntled delivery lady delivered flowers to my house, and once home, he commented on how they weren't the ones we wanted, and I admit, I didn't care for them much, the color was off, and the flowers looked cheap, but once i took one of the flower types I didn't like out, it was pretty nice.



Sadly we couldn't complain to the flower site he bought them from, since it says that if they don't have what you ordered in stock, they are free to use whatever flowers they see fit, so that wasn't cool.
but the thought, and gesture from him, was wonderful!

After Michael came home to change and pick me up for dinner, we headed to Charlie Palmer.
a posh, Orange County restaurant, that we hadn't been to yet, but wanted to check out, and thought V-day was the perfect time to do so.


As it turns out, their V-day dinner menu was a 4 course meal, and $100 per person, thankfully we were able to order off the regular menu.


(Above) Slow Braised Crisp Pork Belly. Sunchoke Puree, Cocoa Nibs, and Rosemary Cranberry Jam.

    

(Above) Crispy Pork and Chicken Spring Rolls, with Peach Miso Sauce.


Filet Mignon. Lyannaise Potatos, Sautéed Broccolini, with Red Wine Jus.


Creme Brûlée Trio - Classic Vanilla, Passion Fruit, and Honey Chai.


(Above) Steamed Yam Cake. Mascarpone Mouse, Kumquats, Candied Pecans and Brown Butter Ice Cream.

It was wonderful!!!! The most expensive meal either of us have every had, but the experience was worth it :) The Filet Mignon was shared between the two of us, since it was expensive, and we decided to try an appetizer, small plate, and two desserts to get a good array of things, and although it was the perfect amount of food, even so I wish we had more filet.
One of the best meals I've ever had, and honestly, I'm not a steak person, but I sure am a filet mignon person :p lol I would definitely go back for that!




       

Also, its safe to say, i felt pretty attractive :) and I'm super glad i got to finally wear this dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment