Monday, February 24, 2014

The Triangle


Sunday, my Husband and I headed over to the Triangle in Newport Beach.
We decided to finally check it out because apparently unknowing to us previously, they had a movie theater on the premise, with particularly cheap matinee tickets.
We had been meaning to check out the Lego Movie, I thought it would be an awesome movie to see in theaters, and we hadn't gone to the movies in over 7 months, so finding that movie theater online was perfect.

We didn't plan on doing much else other then grabbing a bite to eat and groceries after, so it was a casual outing.
Sadly the movie didn't live up to my expectations, I'm not sure was I was expecting, and I think a part of me didn't like the fact that it looked too much like a stop motion protection.
It was enjoyable, and I'm sure I'll see it again once it comes out, but I'm sure glad the tickets were $6 each.
Also the theater was jam packed with kids, young ones, so it was kinda weird, especially I think I was expecting it to be a little more geared towards the older crowd, just with the people that were in the movie, and how the commercial made it seem.
Although I think there probably were a lot of kids too young to understand some of the humor, it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

So its safe to say, even though it was enjoyable I was a little disspointed.

After we headed to the Yard House.
It seemed pretty empty compared to the rest of the restaurants in the Triangle, but the place seemed more like a dinner place anyways, so we figured it probably gets busier later.

I had the turkey burger:


and Michael had the Ahi tuna burger:


Both were enjoyable, but nothing memorable.

After we decided to head to Trader Joe's (I love that place so much) and while michael shopped, I picked out of bunch of flowers to make an arrangement for myself, it was kinda supposed to be my redo valentines flowers :p so all in all, I got 6 bouquets of flowers for $30, and I ended up making 2 arrangements for the house :) other than helping arrange center pieces for a friends wedding tables, this is the first flower arrangement I'd ever done, so of course its nothing amazing.
But I love it! Not necessarily my favorite flowers, but my favorite color duo - Purple and orange.

All in All it was a nice day, it could have been better, but there is always next time :)



No comments:

Post a Comment