Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Home, Car, Friends, Profession - Update!

UPDATE TIME!

1. I wished I blogged more the last two months.

2. Yesterday we worked out a deal with the apartment management, where we gave them half rent, and then the next half is due on the 15, which is good in the sense that we get to stay here another 10 days, but bad in the sense that we are now broke and will lose the car on the 11th if we don't pay and get kicked out of the apartment on the 18th if we don't pay on the 15th, and Michael still doesn't have a job.

3. Michael said by any means we are getting me to Michigan in June for my best friends wedding, because I decided/figured out that it means more to me to make it to her wedding then to not lose our apartment, so with the little money we had we bought my bridesmaids dress. I'm sure a lot of you think it's foolish, but the fact of the matter is, February was the deadline for getting the dress, and it means everything to me to make it to her wedding since she wasn't able to be my maid of honor in mine. and I miss the living shit outta her. So I got the dress ordered, so everything else is in God's hands (and that money would have only helped us a little, not really saved us from any of these trouble's anyhow)
to also understand why we spent that money, if you didn't already know, let me inform you on something, I haven't seen my best friend in two and a half years, nor any friends for that matter, and she has been one of the only people who has stuck by my side ever since I moved out to california. Also I kinda was the one to get her and her fiance together, so its a big deal that I go... apartments and cars will come and go, but your best friends big day wont happen again (at least you don't count on that happening) so please understand that this is a very large deal to me, one that you may not understand, but thats ok, my husband and I do, and that's what matters.

4. Last month I reached a breaking point, and decided to fully decide if photography is something i'm going to go into for sure (which you should know from my last blog post) well today I took a lovely young lady named Lacey out on a photo shoot (she isn't actually younger then me, it's just a saying).
met her a few months back and I needed someone to take photos up and experiment on, so I texted her and asked if she wanted to be my model for a day and get free pictures done. Which she agreed to.
So today we went out, and I have to say it was a nice day out, I still have no clue WTF I'm doing with my camera, but I think a got a few good pics, and learned a couple things, and had a good time doing so.
So that's new and exciting.
I'll hopefully get the pictures up soon, keep and eye out in future blog posts.

5. My nails have grown really long, they look lovely, and I'm so proud of myself for keeping them so nice :)

6. I'm really scared/nervous abut the situation were in. I know God will provide what we need and a way for me to get to MI, but still with everything being up in the air, I'm a bit stressed. I mean we were supposed to have the tickets bought in Dec, we had the money, we just had to spend it all when Michael lost his job in late Jan, on bills and such, and now everything is a bit of a mess, so much going on, yet nothing at all. There are good things as you can tell, but I'm not sure if they outweigh the bad at the moment. Ok yea sure, job hunting is going great, there are a lot of really great prospects that Michael has lined up, interviews that went good, and things that are looking promising. But getting a job and getting paid might not come in time. Which means taking a few steps back after this huge step forward, we can deal with losing the apartment (as long as we can get everything moved and in a safe place) but losing the car will put a huge dent in our progress, especially if Michael gets a job, most these jobs aren't work from home jobs, and moving back up the mountain he would be over an hour away, depending one job, so it would be really bad if we lost the car... which at this point I don't have much hope for. So things are super stressful right now, so if anyone could spare some prayer for us, it would be greatly appreciated.

Other then all that, its the usual trivial stuff, watched some good movies, played some good games... oh I guess theres one more thing i would like to mention.

7. So last week, Michael got in contact with his brothers and some old friends to have a night of playing Starcraft together, which ended up in a few more people being interested in gaming all together after that, but not all of us played Starcraft, (mainly me, even though I might learn) so after that we all decided since we all play Minecraft we would start up a server and play on there. After one friends failed attempt, (some leadership problems that lead into a lot of drama) my husband talked to some of the guys and they all decided to pitch in and buy a new server, that only my husband would control (since he is pretty good with dealing with these sorts of things) with the server we bought came a mumble account which is kinda like skype but no video, and exactly like Ventrillo, if you know what that is. So we now have a server up that a bunch of us have been playing on and a way to comunicate really easily.

As someone who has missed out on spending time with people other then my family out here and Michael, this has been a great treat, I mean there mostly my husbands friends, and I know I'm not seen as a great asset or anything, and I may not be as close to them as my husband. But they're my friends. Actually there kinda like my brothers, and even though sometimes they're really over the time nerdy (like I can't understand what the hell they're talking about) or a pain in the butt, I do love spending time with all of them, and being involved.

Although I wish I knew for sure if I was there because I'm one of the guys, and their friend, or if it's just because I'm married to their best friend's (because I was in the group before, back when we lived in MI, but not necessarily fully liked or accepted) but since they're guys, I guess I'll never fully find out.
so I just try not to be too annoying and have fun. It's really nice seeing michael reconnect with his friends again :) it's also really nice for me to connect with people again also lol.

So that's what's been going on lately. Quite a bit happening :\

2 comments: