Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Easter We Welcomed Ruby Etta Robbe to the Family and a quick update to follow

Almost a whole month of no blogging.
So much to say, so little enthusiasm.


Ugh I'm just so tired and I've been working on so much, blogging has not been coming easily this month.
So I'm going to sum it all up in a nutshell of a post.

Lets start at a week before Easter.
I had been longing for a companion such as a cat or maybe even a dog (even though I'm a cat person) and I thought I would check up on craigslist to see what I could find, honestly, there was a lot to find.
Cats, dogs, bunnys, even some reptiles. With lots of rehoming fee's and numbers to call or text instead of outright saying them. So Sunday we made some calls, and I had the sudden urge to go check puppy shops. I thought maybe it would fulfill my puppy need, but we only found two after an afternoon of driving around. But damn, the puppy's were in the thousands. All things considering I could find many on craigslist for half the price.
But with our financials, and upcoming trips, I knew we couldn't afford anything anywhere close to all of this. So I was about to give up when I decided to check a different county region.
I happened to pick Inland Empire, and even though I was avoiding ALL chihuahuas, I saw a picture that fought my eye, of a little chihuahua/pom mix puppy with not much info.
BUT the listing was the first listing I saw to say "make us an offer" so we got in contact and made them an offer and they took it.

Two days later, we went and picked her up, and that is how we came to own
Ruby Etta Robbe






She's a 4.2lbs Ball of spazy fire, with super soft pom fur.

Less then a week later we went and visited my mom for easter.


 

 For sure a memorable easter.
My mother and one of my aunts live together at the moment, and my aunt has a Pomeranian and my mom has a cat. They get along just fine, but the dog doesn't want to play with the cat, and the cat always wants to play, so when we brought the puppy in, of course the puppy wanted to play with everyone. The cat was weary and skittish at first, but after 10-20 minutes of Ruby going after her wanting to play, kitty got into it and for at least an hour they were chasing each other all over the house, honestly the cat was chasing Ruby more. It was so adorable!

I am so thankful they all get along since when we go on vacation my mother will be taking care of Ruby for us. Would have sucked if the cat or pom had a problem with Ruby.

.........................

As for other news, I've been getting ready for our Montana trip in 20 days, especially since we have had a new development. Leah (one of Michael's sisters) will be coming back with us for a week. Super exciting stuff! So I've been working on squaring stuff away on that end, including getting some new summer clothes, essentials and things I happened upon :p

So this last weekend we went out and grabbed some stuff, and while we were out we decided to grab lunch in downtown Disney since it wasn't actually in the park. Very thankful that parking was free. We didn't really know what to expect since we had never been. We ate at Earl of Sandwich, which was good, although the two hot sandwiches we got were very measly. But it was for sure a good day out.




No comments:

Post a Comment