Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Typical California Halloween

I haven't celebrated Halloween in years. Not by choice, more because we didn't have friends to do things with. So no plans were really made.
but this year everything changed.

A week before Halloween we got invited to a party my some friends from community group, we didn't think we would be able to go because I made plans with a different friend to go see a movie. 
Honestly, I wanted to go see the movie, and I really wanted to hang out with my friend, but she had invited other friends as well and they changed the plans to walking around and looking at the decorations, and that just didn't work for me, 1.) because my feet/body had been strained, I had done a lot that week and 2.) because I wanted to actually participate in Halloween... not watch people participate.
So I rainchecked with her, and we decided to go to the party. 
It was literally 4 hours before the party was going to start, and we had no costumes.
So like a typical girl does, at least once in her lifetime, I went as a Cheetah Matriarch AKA... a Cat :p
Which I both loved and hated the idea of doing something so simple and mainstream.
I already had the diamond cat ear headband from a previous birthday that my mother gave me for kicks and giggles, and I had a comfortable pink cheetah print dress, and was able to do some cat like makeup with my liquid eyeliner, so I was happy with how it turned out as a last minute costume.

Because lets get one thing clear, I am one of those people, who wants to go ALL out for Halloween, no half done costumes like I did this time (it was last-minute though, work with what you got) or mainstream costume kits from Wal-mart.
I mean spending months, on it.
but maybe next year.
This year, I got to actually do something, and we had a blast!!!

Good people, alcohol, food, games.
What more could you ask for? :)
The reason I called this Halloween typically Californian, is not just because of my outfit, but because I've never been to a Californian party, well I've been to parties out here, but family parties. I guess you could say I've never been one with just my peers, and it seemed to resemble what you picture Californian parties to be. 
Of course it wasn't a huge kegger with people tearing apart the house and falling out of windows drunk.
But some guys hit on some girls who didn't know each other, then they made out in the backyard and then apparently they puked in the bush's :p
lol
But in all honesty it was a wonderful time! 
After half the party left to go bar hopping, 10 of us stayed behind and played fish bowl.
...and I'm not even going to begin to try and explain that game :p but it was fun.

my Halloween was the best I've had in years, which makes it nearly perfect
and I'm looking forward to the future holidays to come




No comments:

Post a Comment