Saturday, November 30, 2013

First Thanksgiving in our own place and the two days to follow.

It's the end of November and even though I've gotten almost all my Christmas shopping done and we got the Christmas tree up and lit, it seems like just last week it was Halloween.

Thanksgiving 2013.

A couple days ago was our first thanksgiving in our own place. We had my mother over, and Michael made a wonderful thanksgiving meal of turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and salad. Very simple, but we had a nice time, and we didn't need anything else. Although I must say the turkey is completely gone and that makes me sad, considering I love turkey and potatoes!









~

Friday was one of those 50/50 days, first half wasn't too great, but once we got our butts out the door, in and out of the mall and to my aunts to visit some family from out of town it was great :) it was so nice to visit with my Aunt Judy (my grandmother's sister) and Aunt Sandi (my mothers cousin), I always have a good time with them, and seeing some of my cousins and 2nd cousins was also nice, we had a great time catching up :) actually it was one of the rare times I felt comfortable and confident being myself around my family, so all in all it was a good day, and hey afterwards I got to get some Christmas decor from the dollar store, woohoo! lol :p.





But today was indeed a good day as well, I got to talk to my sister Rachel, and even though she is going through a rough time right now it was so good to connect with her :) I love her and miss her so much, and it weighs on me that I can't be there to support her as she is going through health problems. but being there for someone over the phone is never as meaningful, especially when you get caught up in life and staying in contact gets hard... I do want to be a good sister though and a friend, considering she was my friend before my sister (sister in-law).
I want to be there for all my siblings, especially my sisters, I love and miss them all, and I want to have a relationship with them, so badly, and I'm not sure they know that. I've expressed how I'm always here to talk, that I'm just a phone call away, and how I'm here for them no matter what, but it never feels as though its enough.

But indeed it was so nice to be able to connect, at least for awhile.

The other nice thing that happened today, is we bought a Christmas tree! No joke, 10 minutes after my mother left from thanksgiving dinner and I unpacked the boxes she brought over from storage, I started putting up Christmas decor, and now, Christmas has officially thrown up all over our apartment. lol I mean it is decked out! Woohoo! Its not our first Christmas in our own place, but it is the first real Christmas in our first place. Last year we moved so close to Christmas that we didn't really get to celebrate much, we did have a few gifts, but with no tree, no lights, no candles, and no snow outside, it never really felt like we had it. So this year I made sure we were prepared. and I will post pics later for sure!

Hopefully I'll get around to blogging more this next month, especially since not only is Christmas this next month, but one of my brother-in-laws is coming for a 2-week visit! So its an exciting time!

until then, tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment