Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Day with my Dad

Almost 2 weeks ago, on Labor Day, I met up with my father and his fiance Darlene for the first time in 2 years. They came to California because Darlene's son went into the Marines earlier that summer and He was graduating the following weekend, so the whole week was family week at the marine base in San Diego.
They came in a day early to come visit Michael and I for a day. Just to clarify my father and Darlene live in Michigan, where I grew up.
We met up at the diner in Running Springs and I got to show them around the hot spots up here in the mountains. I took them up to Keller's peak, so they could check out the all around view, I knew my dad would love that. Then we headed over to big bear, where we stopped at the Sugar Pine Bakery, my favorite place to get baked sweets, then headed into town to get some lunch since we were all starving.
We ate lunch at a little restaurant in the village, and caught up for a while. Then walked down to the Copper Q to grab some coffee and talk more before our dinner reservations at the Peppercorn Grill (my favorite restaurant up there)  I was hoping to take them around Big Bear a bit more, show them a couple places, but we ended up using all our time sitting and chatting it up.

We ended the evening by eating dinner at the Peppercorn Grill, and heading home. It was a nice drive home because they rented a little convertible, and it drove smooth and fast, and my father knew how to take advantage of that :p

All in all it was a very nice visit. We had a great time out, and it was good to finally catch up and see each other. Oh and I got to wear my new shoes for the first time, my new lace, lace up booties that Michael had gotten me for my birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment